Maggiano's 'Lighter Take' On Classic, Italian Dishes Keeps The Portion & Flavor
When creating the new "Lighter Take" menu, the brand focused on giving guests an everyday option for indulging in classic, Italian dishes such as Chicken Parmesan and Fettuccine Alfredo. With scratch kitchens and culinary-trained chefs at the heart of every Maggiano's, the original recipes were reimagined using many of the fresh ingredients already available in restaurants and taking a different approach to the preparation of each dish.
"When we started on this menu journey, we found guests were dissatisfied with some 'better-for-you' options, especially in indulgent lines of cuisine like Italian," said
Available at lunch and dinner, guests can enjoy Maggiano's 'lighter take' on these 11 classic, Italian dishes:
- Lighter Take Baked Ziti – 33 percent fewer calories
- Lighter Take Chicken Francese – 48 percent fewer calories
- Lighter Take Chicken Parmesan – 52 percent fewer calories
- Lighter Take Chicken Piccata – 51 percent fewer calories
- Lighter Take Chicken Marsala – 47 percent fewer calories
- Lighter Take Chicken Saltimbocca – 52 percent fewer calories
- Lighter Take Fettuccine Alfredo – 46 percent fewer calories
- Lighter Take Veal Marsala – 37 percent fewer calories
- Lighter Take Veal Parmesan – 37 percent fewer calories
- Lighter Take Veal Piccata – 41 percent fewer calories
- Lighter Take Shrimp Fra Diavolo – 50 percent fewer calories
Additionally, both the Lighter Take Baked Ziti and Lighter Take Fettuccine Alfredo are featured on Maggiano's popular "On The House Classic Pasta" menu, which sends guests who order one of eight handmade pastas home with a second Classic Pasta of their choice, compliments of the chef.
"Through menu innovation like 'On the House Classic Pastas' and 'Lighter Take,' Maggiano's is becoming more than everyone's favorite restaurant for celebrating special occasions…it's an everyday choice," said
To learn more about Maggiano's "Lighter Take" menu, visit http://www.lightertake.com or http://blog.maggianos.com/2014/09/maggianos-lighter-take/.
Follow news about Maggiano's on
Video - http://youtu.be/A_s0lGpmoY8#t=58
Maggiano's Little Italy, Media Hotline, (800) 775 - 7290